Crazy Man Hairdo

Ummm...why are you reading this? It's PRIVATE!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Boba Boba Boba

I was very excited to find die cast Boba Fett figures at Target today on my lunch break- one was a silver coated limited edition. Of course, I really don't need to be spending any more money on Star Wars stuff at all, but for Boba Fett, how can I not make an exception? And, damn them, they keep coming up with more and more new cool stuff! the first thing I look for is still the 3 3/4" figures, but since Target doesn't restock the them nearly as often as they did for Episode III, a trip to the store is usually disappointing. But I'll say this: the new wave of Star Wars Transformers (Slave I, baby!), the Titanium Die Cast ships (very cool- I can't seem to keep myself from buying them all) and now these Die Cast figures all have still made my recent trips worth the time.
An interesting side note: every so often I'll bump into fellow collectors at the store and it's always interesting to chat with them for a while. Some are more obsessive than others and some won't shut up, but it feels strangely good to think that I'm a part of this huge collector's community, despite the fact that much of the time that I spend looking for collectibles is solitary. One guy I met told me that there's a Rochester area collector's discussion group at www.rebelscum.com (great site for many reasons), but I haven't checked it out yet. It was cool that he told me about it- he told me his screen name, too. Unfortunately, however, he had arrived at Target in time to get the only Utapau clone trooper (orange repaint of ROTS #41) on the rack! I had to settle for Sora Bulq, which I only sort of wanted- but it was better than going away empty-handed after those few moments of burning envy :). Oh well. You win some, you lose some. I have a lot of stuff that other collectors would envy. You still have to know when to let go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home