Crazy Man Hairdo

Ummm...why are you reading this? It's PRIVATE!

Monday, October 16, 2006

Four Small Things

There are many things to be grateful for in a day- a roof over my head, a good job, people who love me... I could fill my time thinking about how grateful I am for my life with these things alone. But a few small things, that I usually overlook, struck me as being wonderful and beautiful and worth being alive for today. I wanted to give tribute to them.

1) Sorting out by number the Return of the Jedi cards Alex gave me for FREE
2) Coming outside at 3:30 to a warm balmy fall day
3) Merging onto 590 north and driving under the bridge when a train was passing over
4) Wanting to coast down Empire Boulevard east of the bay, but not being able to because of the traffic (because it made me remember the last time I coasted down and it was so fun!)

The best part is that all four of these things happened within a half hour of each other! It gets me excited to think that every half hour of my life is filled with such things -- that even if I get caught up in daily life and its distractions and responsibilities, the moment I decide to pay attention, my world explodes with things to be thankful for. How blessed I am!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home